Monday 19 March 2012

Traveling to Paris




This morning I left early to go to Paris. The excitement I had built for the trip at the end of last week (everything French had indeed been a lot on my mind, as you may remember from my earlier post) drowned a bit into a bad beginning, made by the wrong tram I took and by an almost missed train as well as by the worry that my son will get sick again this week after going back to school today (a decision that I was definitely not in favor of). Let's also add to the mix the fact that EasyJet is an airline of luggage nazis that allows only one piece of luggage, so that I had to squeeze my handbag into my carryon.

Thank goodness for Louis Vuitton's Paris travel guide, which I splurged on last Friday in preparation for the trip and I throughly read while I was waiting for my flight. So many things I'd like to do, and so little time! When we came to Paris last summer while driving from Italy to Belgium, we had selected child-friendly activities enjoyable by the whole family. This time, on one of the rare occasions when I am traveling alone, the top item on my list is museum-hopping. I am a big impressionist buff and I cannot wait to go back to the Musee d'Orsay, and visit the Musee de l'Orangerie for the first time.

Item 1b on my list is fashion! I plan on visiting the two Meccas of French footwear, Christian Louboutin and Roger Vivier, and check out several other suggestions I found in the guide. Last but not least, the movie Midnight in Paris has made me long for the Parisian atmosphere of restaurants and bistros. One's gotta eat, right? :)

P.S. I forgot at home the cable I use to download pictures from my camera, so I'll have to wait to post them until Wednesday evening. This image is that of a little Paris painting by Paul Ferney. They went on sale last December and sold out almost immediately. I was too late to snatch my favorite one (above) but there are still a few available if you are interested.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...